[ Konishiki ]
Profile and general info
Name in native language: 小錦八十吉 (コニシキ)
Birth place: Nanakuli, Hawaii USA (island of Oahu)
Konishiki ( / 小錦八十吉 / コニシキ) is a Japanese actor, born on Tuesday, December 31, 1963, in Nanakuli, Hawaii USA (island of Oahu).
- Birth Name:
Saleva'a Atisano'e (Samoan)
Former sumo ozeki, actor, talento, and Hawaiian musician
185.42cm (6 feet, 1 inch)
270kg (during his sumo career. He's actually heavier today.)
- Star sign:
- KONISHIKI is pronounced Koh-nish-ki (the "i" in "nishi" is silent), and is always spelled in caps.
- Since his complete disassociation with the Japan Sumo Association and the stable, KONISHIKI is banned from using the Kanji he was given. Therefore, DramaWiki does not use it.
- KONISHIKI graduated from University High School in Honolulu (a lab school that is part of the University of Hawaii @ Manoa's School of Education.)
- The Japanese surname, Shioda, was taken from his first wife's family. They were later divorced in December 2000.
- KONISHIKI was recrutied by Hawaii-born sumo sensation Jesse Takamiyama, and joined the Takasago Beya Stable.
- Since his retirement from sumo in November 1997, KONISHIKI appears frequently as a talento in various TV shows, including NHK's music show Music Club of Dreams, and traveling show Itabi Yume Kibun.
As an actor:
- 2006 The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- 2006 Chekeraccho!!
- 2002 Rimôto
- 2002 Doraemon: Nobita to robotto kingudamu
- 2003 Independent Lens
- 2003 Sumo East and West
- 1988 Tantei! Naito sukûpu
Share your thoughts and opinions
Found links to Konishiki profile, fansite, biography, photos or trailers? Your participation is appreciated.
comments powered by